This policy was last updated on June 5th, 2018.
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to TE Instruments B.V. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Cookies: cookies are a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR (AVG) is effective in the Netherlands.
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by TE Instruments B.V. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to TE Instruments B.V. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.teinstruments.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media Websites.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, TE Instruments B.V. is the “data controller”. This means that TE Instruments B.V. determines the purposes for
which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Job title
c. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
d. IP address (automatically collected)
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically
Data is given to us by you
7. TE Instruments B.V. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
d. when you elect to receive marketing communications form us;
Data is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and included your IP
address, the date, times, and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings in your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use tom on the Website, see the
section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be
used by us for the following reasons:
• Improvement of our products/ services;
• Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website;
10. We may use, from time to time, your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you do not agree with this, you have the right to
object in certain circumstances (see section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. Our employees and agents – to provide the best possible service;
Keeping Data secure
12. We adopted technical and organizational security measures to protect your Data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. We store your Data on secure servers
13. Technical and organizational measures include measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. If you
suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email@example.com.
you request the Data to be deleted.
15. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
16. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – you may request TE Instruments to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
c. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to request that we delete or remover your Data from our systems.
d. Right to data portability – the right that we move, copy or transfer your Data
e. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legit imitate interests.
17. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
18. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
links provided, the operators of such sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours. We encourage you
to review the privacy policies of those Third-Party Websites so that you understand if/how they collect and/or use information from you or your computer.
20. When you visit our website we can store cookies on your computer to recognize you automatically at your next visit. Cookies (small text files placed on your computer), help to remember certain
types of data, such as the browser language settings. TE Instruments B.V. carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
21. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law and GDPR.
22. Before the Website stores cookies on your computer, you will receive a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent for storage of Cookies, you are enabling
TE Instruments B.V. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may deny the storage of cookies, however certain features of the Website may not function as intended.
23. This Website may store the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site to enable you to move around our site and use its features. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site. Without these cookies our site does not work properly.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We only use these cookies to improve how our website works.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognize you when you return to our site and enable us to remember the choices you make when using our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)|
24. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changes. For further details, please consult your internet browser.
25. You can choose to delete stored Cookies at all times. However, you may lose information to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.